View Single Post
Old 28-05-2023, 07:23 AM   #2
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Facebook scam beware and advise please

Scammers everywhere, buyers and sellers. I do quite a bit of buying and selling on there, and also sell stuff on behalf of people who don't/can't use FB like my 90 year old neighbour, so come across quite a few of them and have to filter them out before I pass them on.

Signs to look out for:
* Strange names, broken english when chatting, profile only has 1 or 2 photos, say they joined 10 years ago but have 15 people on their friend list, etc etc.
* As a buyer, they don't even ask about the product, they message you straight away and say they will pay and have someone else come pick it up.

Sellers are a bit harder to pick, quite a lot of them have genuine accounts. Many people have been asked to pay first, then the seller goes silent. If you are buying anything over $50, best to meet in person and pick it up.

As for reporting the scammer, best thing is to warn others, especially in speciality groups where members might buy from said person. FB admin are freaken hopeless with accounts, and its too trivial for cops to spend their time on.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: