View Single Post
Old 22-05-2023, 12:03 PM   #4
Mondaveo

Default Re: 2013 Zetec music streaming on Bluetooth?

I have the Sony unit factory-fitted in my Titanium, and yes it plays Bluetooth, iPod, USB, aux-in and CD sources.

Inside the glovebox there are Aux-in and USB-A sockets. I'm lucky enough to have the genuine iPod harness cable that has the 30-pin dock connector at one end and plugs into both those sockets at the other (I understand these cost a pretty penny to replace from the dealer), connecting our old-timey iPod that basically lives in the car. I know from the manual I can also plug a USB storage device into that USB socket and play music stored off of that.

The source selection works as you described, pressing the CD/Aux button cycles through the available options e.g. CD > iPod > B/T. I'm surprised you're not seeing the B/T come up if you've successfully bonded the phone to the unit, on mine it just comes up waiting for media to be played. I will note that it's not the most intuitive system, for instance you can only have one active connection and if it connects to the wrong device I have to tap Phone then Menu to change to the one I want, then go back to music.

I'm not sure what the micro-USB socket on your Bluetooth receiver could be. As I said, my car has a USB socket that can take a flash drive (or iPod with the dongle), but it's a USB-A not micro-USB socket. I somehow doubt my USB-A socket is connected into a micro-USB plug to feed into the stereo, but I'm not certain how things are wired up behind the dashboard. I'm guessing it's more likely to take a microphone for phone calls.

I do need to replace my cabin filter sometime (which is a glovebox-out operation) so if I find time for it I'll try to have a look at where it's plugged in for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote