View Single Post
Old 17-04-2023, 12:22 PM   #8
Sparkz181
Starter Motor

Default Re: 2011 FORD MONDEO MC Transmission issue

Thank you aussiblue, rondeo and Mondaveo for your time and energy trying to assist me. I like your thoughts. Still trying to get my head around all the extra electronic stuff and the new ways it all gets processed by computers.
rondeo, I do have heard a slight thumping noise when stopped. I never knew that a DPF burn would happen at idle. That is good to know. (Info told to FORD also but never any mention….lol). Maybe that is it.
“The body could move by a torque reaction due to an engine speed change.” The tacho does not show any variation, it doesn’t make any difference what gear the trans is in even in Neut or Park. It feels like maybe a trans solenoid is sticking or jamming. Normally once the ignition is turned off for 10-15 seconds the car will return to normal but not always, I would need to repeat ignition off for a bit longer the ok. My assumption is that the trans oil pressure has reduced thus releasing the solenoid.
Thank you for your input rondeo. J
aussiblue, I could only make an assumption that when the trans was removed and replaced that a mount inspection would have been looked at, and again when they had it back on the hoist the next time when checking the fault again.
aussiblue thank you for your input. J
Mondaveo, wow, thanks still learning to use scanner...lol Great to know some more info to check out much appreciated.
You know that we gotta love engineers who design cars. OBDII port in money box which hangs down so far it is dangerous to try to drive the car with the scanner plugged in. Well it seems it is something I will have try to work around safely. Damn these intermittent faults…lol
I do notice in your graphic that the rpm’s inly go crazy for approx. 10 seconds. I my car the revs appear to stay the same but the fuel being used Litres/Hour is a lot.
Mondaveo thank you for you input also.
Sparkz181 is offline   Reply With Quote