View Single Post
Old 22-07-2022, 07:12 PM   #1799
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Sorry to butt in to the pad discussion...

Quick question that's no doubt been asked before...

Can I use Carpro Reset in the foam gun?

I'm about to run out of NV snow. Given I'm restricted in how I'm meant to be moving (or more correctly, not moving) I'm just keeping the cars looking tidy by just foaming and rinsing. If I keep on top of it, it's good enough as a one step wash.

The escape hadn't been done for a bit so I got my daughter to give it a sponge while it was foamed. Only foaming 1 wheel at a time and getting her to follow me around brushing them with the bowdens little chubby. Only foaming one side at a time too.

I have a new bottle of Carpro reset. It's a strong product. What sort of dilution should I use in the 1 litre foam gun?

Thanks in advance.
You can absolutely use Reset in a foam cannon -

The hard bit is figuring out how much to use. Carpro offer no information regarding it's use in a foam cannon and therefore an amount to use. For bucket washing, Carpro recommends 1:500 / 20ml per 10lts. And yet, they have a nice glossy pic of a car covered in Reset on page 31 of their product catalog -

https://carpro.global/wp-content/upl...2022_WEB_s.pdf

https://carpro.global/catalog/reset/

I use 100-150ml in my foam cannon. I got shot down on Inside the HEX for that dilution, but it's what works for me -

"Do what works best for you but I have noticed with reset the more you put the less the foam. You will have to adjust the top valve to add more water for it to foam properly. Superb foaming."

"I recommend getting a CARPRO Measure.
I use a PF 22 I put no more than an 1 oz typically."

1 oz is about 30ml. I keep meaning to try it at that dilution, but I like to use product! Perhaps try it at 50ml and see what you get.

In terms of using a Soap for foam and rinse type washing, I really like NV Snow for that as I think it seems to work better at removing road film without agitation. Also try using warm water in your foam cannon, this helps with touch-less as well.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: