View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 08:09 PM   #618
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

Ok, so a little break from the machinery.

Work continued on remodeling the fernery creek line this week in between customers, weather and dealing with new stock.

As mentioned previously, this area had been neglected for a long time. My work on it in recent months has been to bring it back to spec by trimming or removing overgrown plants, digging out a matting of roots, reprofiling the edge with rocks and topping the rest with river stones. I have also had a lot of fun making little water falls within the creek itself.

Over the last two days, I moved and redisplayed stock away from the lower creek line to allow customers to better see this feature. Previously, we had been putting stock along the length of the creek to disguise its messiness.

This job has been very rewarding, hard work but worth the effort. Next, I plan to move upstream and continue the process.

Also this week, joy of joys, it's now rose pruning season!

I love rose pruning, it's one of those jobs that can do for hours and still want to do more. I can almost do it with my eyes closed.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: