View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 05:57 PM   #604
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
DFB its interesting re the beloved Victa.
Once massive market leader, IF I recall right once GUD Holding sold it off the brand went on the nose and backwards in QC being Made In wherever.
Its great seeing the brand has really come back into the fold and great offerings.
Someone within the management got their act together thankfully to get the brand back where it belongs.
There was a lot of backlash when the company was sold to Briggs and Stratton, a lot of people went elsewhere. The reality is that the things that made them good mowers did not change, the deck design and the airflow path in particular.

I think you need to choose carefully from their range right now. For some reason, Briggs and Stratton have allowed Victa to start fitting non-Briggs engines on various models. The only reason I can think of is that Briggs own the company that makes those motors. They also make some very cheap entry level models with poor deck design and associated attachments.

From their current lineup, I would avoid choosing the Ultralite and Corvette V127 or any of the "Victa 4-stroke" engines with 127cc, 144cc or 170cc.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: