View Single Post
Old 13-06-2022, 04:42 PM   #547
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

Catching up on work today after being rained out two weeks in a row.

Last job of the day was one I didn't want to do. I got this small job next to my number 1 customer last year, as such I thought it would be a convenient add to my run. Except she only contacts me when the grass is more than ankle deep and I don't make any money out of it. You can see where I mow regularly on a diagonal in this pic.

That pic is after smashing the edges back into shape and slashing down any taller growth to help the mower out a bit. It's a rare occasion where I run the brush-cutter at wide open throttle for extended periods. Most of my work is regular services, so I'm really only maintaining an edge rather than beating it into submission. This is the only occasion where I would want a little extra grunt from the machine, it's lightness wins overall though.

I would normally do this job with a two-stroke Victa, I just did not have the time or space on the ute for a second machine today. The Bushranger went better than I thought. Using the brush-cutter to smash down the taller stuff helped. The nature strip I had to double cut, as in cut on the highest setting then adjust down to the desired height.

Cuts are now out to 3-4 weeks so I will hopefully have a lighter workload next week.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: