View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 11:39 AM   #26
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: "Set Price"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
My local Honda dealership doesn't exist anymore

When I started my apprenticeship there it had the busiest service department in the country out of all the Honda dealerships, 12 years later the dealership doesn't exist anymore.

With the Civic Type R orders it shows you that people have a want for their capabilities, it's a shame Honda turned their back on their performance car capabilities for a good 15 years.

Bringing it back on topic there's another toxic side to the dealership model in that some have an incentive scheme for the service advisors and mechanics that if they hit certain profit averages across the working week they can receive bonuses.

Dealerships and LV automotive pays SFA in general, so they dangle the carrot to lowly paid people and it encourages poor and unethical behaviour when you set basic KPIs on gross profit figures without proper context around them - the amount of power steering flushes, AC deodorises and brake pad changes I did on new cars that the service advisors upsold was ridiculous.
We only have one in our area now, but the upside is that I have a service & parts centre set up on my side of town.The main sales area is on the other side of the city.Whether this agency style model is a success remains to be seen.