View Single Post
Old 24-07-2021, 03:48 PM   #492
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quite a while ago now, someone sent me their corrupt 2014 firmware which was non-Nav, I looked again today, there are appear to be no differences in the apps, bar the bootloader, kernel, missing navi and missing "FpvLe" directory with the images needed for the Fpv Gauges (/packages/factory/hmi/root_dir/usr/hmi/HighSeries/FpvLe). You would have to copy the FpvLe directory over (it's about 1MB - so should fit with what little space is left on those units - they are on github in the 2014 Navi archive).

You can possibly enable these gauges ONLY IF you are running the 2014 software (I've done it, but only on the Navi unit) with a script to run ***some*** of these commands (pick the 2 you want) in QNX:

#turn on FPV button (off=0 or on=1)
send2 -w /hmi/dp/1/1907 0
send2 -w /hmi/dp/1/1907 1

#switch manual (volts=0) or automatic (temperature=1)
send2 -w /hmi/dp/1/1908 0
send2 -w /hmi/dp/1/1908 1

To automate this when the unit boots, I created a shell file (unix line endings! not ms-dos, called say "gauges.sh") in the directory "/packages/system/trailer" with the chosen 2 lines.

Note: Only the voltage gauge works, but it could be a fun thing to do anyway. This can be done (copy guages.sh to the right place) with the recore program I posted earlier (WHICH YOU MUST NOT USE!).

Thanks to the anonymous PM guy who I did this for, who then blocked private messages before I could send these details. Have a nice day

(You should be able to remove the file easily too, the same way, if it doesn't work out.)

Last edited by JasonACT; 24-07-2021 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Edit: add remove
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: