View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 01:57 PM   #50
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Petrol Prices = WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Very interested in your biodiesel operation - you should do a guide in your build thread on how you make it, or do you just run waste vegetable oil without processing it first?

Can you run your rigs on B100 or straight WVO? Or does your biodiesel need to be mixed? Its something to do with the gel point of biodiesel being lower than petrodiesel right?

Its still $1.75/L for 91 here, I bet the servo up the road in the next town is that $1.35 mark or there abouts.
The bio diesel is 50:50 (B50) this time of year simple because of the cold and as you mentioned, i don't want it gelling in the tank.
Some companies make simple kits which have pre heaters (glowplug) and/or aux tanks to start on straight diesel switching over to bio when warmed.
Because my trucks are all older non electronic mechanical diesels, I can not be bothered with all that. I get the canola, flaxseed, or cottonseed oil from three local cafes and blend it all together triple filtering it into a large diesel tank at home adding 10 pecent straight diesel to the final tankful and siphor it out of that.
In summer I will run the engines at 10 percent diesel 90 percent veg oil (B90)
Enginewise the things I've changed have been valve stem seals, any flexible fuel lines and added an extra fuel filter to each truck.
SVO is easy if you run an onboard extra fine filtering system and small inline heater (just in case)
I have even run the VT903 cummins on B70 and couple of times to try it out locally.
Diesel intake ports, injectors and exhaust system are much cleaner.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: