View Single Post
Old 29-04-2021, 11:29 PM   #5
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Default Re: AUII XR8 just lost all power while driving ?.

I have access to a multi meter,
I checked the Battery leads/terminals as like I said just last week I installed a brand new battery, so just to be sure the leads were tight, and the only thing I found was the negative one could be moved slightly, and I mean very slightly though like from side to side if you grabbed it and used force it would move roughly 2-3mm but as the terminals are slightly tapered downwards the lead never come off or anything, so I tightened it up firmly so that it wouldn't move at all. But would this slight movement be enough to make it loose all power and die whilst driving at walking pace ?.

Do coil packs do this kind of thing if they are on their way out, just die and then in a few minutes all is well again ?. or would there just be a misfire and the engine would still run like it did with a suspect plug ?, thats what I would of thought coil packs would do but I'm not a mechanic.

it's the fact that it just died all of a sudden at such a low speed and to have lost all power etc, to only have it start back up again and get me and the kids home 10 mins latter ?.

With the only other symptom being that it coughed and fluttered when heading to the school to pick up kids just prior to it causing the dying episode ?.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote