View Single Post
Old 25-04-2021, 06:04 PM   #459
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
I started tidying up my Territory today.
Washed it. Dried it. Decontaminated it with Bowdens Own Three Way cleaner and clay pad. Washed it down and dried it again.
Then I started polishing it. The car is nearly 6 years old and the paint is in reasonable shape for a 6 year old daily driven family car. Some minor scratches and light swirl marks all over. There is quite a lot of stone chips on the bonnet that I’ll touch up after polishing.
I tried out Scholl S20 all in one polish on a medium pad but it just wasn’t getting the scratches out. So I moved up to their S3 cutting compound on a cutting pad and that worked well after a few passes.
I then finished with S30 polish on a soft pad.
The results are pretty good with all the swirl marks gone along with most of the scratches.
So far I’ve done the bonnet and right hand side. It looks good and the paint is so smooth.

Any tips on applying touch up paint on stone chips? I’ve got a lot.
Great to hear you are getting some use out of that new polisher. How have you found the learning process?

For stone chips, do your paint correction first then fill the chips. I use a small artists brush and a tooth pick to "fill" the chips. Try not to paint, rather dab or fill the chips with paint.

Have a look at this video, Larry has a great way of explaining what he is doing and why. I like the idea of using a syringe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLJnqiBxKtg
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote