View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 06:53 PM   #33
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Australia's car industry could be reborn under a new plan to pump billions into the sector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
They need to test people more often and actually teach people properly, this 120 hours BS with Mum and Dad is junk.

Mum and Dad can't drive properly anyway and driving instructor is just interested in getting you through the 50 minute license test.

The test is drive around Sunbury for 50 minutes and do a three point turn or reverse parallel park.

The government is only interested in policing the revenue raising aspect - insane focus on 'speed' because they can make money on it. The latest TAC ad is a joke, who loses control of their BA Falcon at 85km/h and rolls it?

We have no standard for critical car parts like replacement brake pads, rotors and tyres - OEM specifies parts that meet their requirements but once you own it you can throw a set of $10 brake pads in it and then when baby bear gets away from mumma bear in the school car park, you hit the brakes and stop on baby bears spine because you saved $20 on brake pads and tyres and opted for the cheapest crap available.

Some states have yearly inspections, others don't.

You can drive around in an absolute ****box with dry rotted tyres but God forbid you're wearing a baseball cap and have a lowered SS Commodore with big wheels

They should be teaching driving at school if they took it seriously - it's a huge part of everyone's life.

I look forward to taking the bus to work if they crack down
I'm in South Australia at the moment with my car, been terrorising the locals with Melbourne-spec driving from the north to the south.

Indicators seem optional here and they don't like people trying to merge in front of them either - I've won a couple of battles with new SUV drivers because I don't care about my car if they run into the back of me in an attempt to cut me off, but they obviously care about theirs

Also bendy bus drivers in CBD peak hour are like 1944 Omaha Beach D Day landings when they're picking up and dropping off passengers, absolutely ruthless with pulling out into traffic after doing a drop/pickup

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 01-04-2021 at 07:00 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: