View Single Post
Old 25-03-2021, 11:12 PM   #401
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
So my Shine Mate EX620-5/15 DA polisher arrived today. I took a deep breath and tried it out on my brand new Mustang which has a few minor scratches from delivery.
I’ve never used one before and after just a few minutes getting used to it and trying on the different polishes the results are amazing.

So if you’re sitting on the fence or maybe a bit scared of giving it a go I would suggest you jump in and get stuck in.
Once the Mustang paint is tidied up I’ll give my Territory a good going over.
Anyone use a blower/dryer? I like the idea of drying the car without touching it to help reduce swirl marks.
Well done, so glad to hear it went well.

There are a few different car-specific blowers/dryers. I went with Big Boi, but they all do a similar thing.

https://detailingshed.com.au/collections/bigboi-blowr

There is some debate as to how much better or otherwise a car dryer is compared to using a leaf blower. I have used both and I prefer the more focused air flow from the car-specific machine.

It will also take a bit of time to adapt to this style of drying, you will learn how to direct water off the car rather than just pushing around. The important thing to know is you wont get the car 100% dry with a blower, it's role is to remove as much water as possible before wiping up the last remain moisture with an appropriate towel and drying aid.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: