Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 02:32 PM   #9663
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Interesting concept, but where will the airline land if jurisdictions require you to show your passport before entering.
Agree, I have thought about some of these things... airports would have to play ball, which Id think would be problematic because it seems the airports themselves will be pushing for vaccination to travel.

Companies wanting to not go along with this would then need their own airports/runways on top of their own planes. As it is now, well before covid anyway, you can enter Australia outside of the official airports, for example people arriving by yacht/ship, but they have to report to customs upon arrival is my understanding.

So it isnt illegal to arrive using methods outside of international airports, so long as govt knows and you do as they request.

Its going to get interesting because govt here is adamant 'its not compulsory', but its quite clear the private sector will be implementing it, including the airlines and airports from the looks of things... which does take the heat off govt.

But since govt says 'not compulsory' , if something is set up outside of the private co's wanting it to be mandatory, Im guessing the govt will have to make new laws to stop it. Its a big ask though for a company to set up from scratch and go against the grain so to speak, so it might not ever come to that. I can imagine anyone wanting to do such a thing, such as freedom airways, is going to have a lot of pressure put on them in many ways if they got to a point where they could land planes here.