Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 07:29 PM   #6939
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
Reading that nearly made me put a screw driver through the laptop. I can understand politicians being granted leave to perform national duties, but that one just smells bad all over. I was hoping there would be another category he could use on the basis of "compassionate and compelling" reason. I just checked the gov website, and it seems to say if you are leaving for more than 3 months than that is a valid reason. I might ask him to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked
Because they will want to come back and we have a huge problem already re admitting citizens, why send more over? - pretty compelling.
Yeh I get that, but he was willing to wear the risk that he may not be able to return in the foreseeable future. His work had granted him 6 months leave too. Father in law is loaded so his livelihood doesn't hang on his day job. He wasn't asking to go on holiday, I would have thought his reason was pretty solid. Maybe not "heart bleeding" enough.

Having said that, another cousin was granted leave after her father unexpectedly passed away. It was granted on the day before all outgoing flights were temporarily grounded. The letter came 15 mins after her original and last flight departed from Melb. So she had to book an immediate flight to Syd, then from Syd to Bris, then out. That was about 3 months ago, she hasn't asked to return.