Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 08:52 PM   #6248
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
FFS... The sheer utter hatred and contempt that republican supporters have for democrat supporters, and vice versa is unparalleled!
Ever had a night out on the turps with remainers vs leavers They are just as bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Is THIS where Australia’s future lies?
“A country divided, is a country defeated”
What happened to the great Aussie spirit of working together?
Sad, Sad bloody times Eh?
Not sure when you left, but your observation is not far off. After returning from living and working overseas in 2013, I noticed some interesting changes. 3 things struck me the most. 1. We complain a hell of a lot more than we used to. 2. There is less trust. Not just of government but also of each other. This surprised me the most. 3. Our media reporting is very substandard. In that I mean its very politically biased. Gone are the days of just presenting the facts and/or events, and letting the reader / viewer / listener think and decide. We are polarised. I think 3 contributes a great deal to 1 and 2.

Work together? I've said it before, people follow their leaders. What ever happened to "we are all Victorians?". Dan maintains he has a good "working" relationship with the PM, but looks to me he is just giving journalists one less ammo to fire. National cabinet started well, but seems to be less effective as each week goes by.

When was the last time you heard two "leaders" with opposing views sit down and have a sensible public debate of anything important? Watched Question Time in parliament lately? Why do they even call it question time? Nothing gets answered, instead they just shout, attack and mock each other until time runs out. Same thing on social media. Monkeys see, monkeys do.
5 users like this post: