View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 11:39 PM   #5
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: This forum is great

Good on you MMG, it's a great topic actually.

If you think about what we've all been through so far this year, from bushfires of huge size to international pandemic, all of you are doing really well to even respond to it. I've been heartened with the threads here on AFF about depression: compared to where I grew up, just talking about anything like that is a huge milestone - and responses have been so supportive. It's been nice to talk to some of you in the messages as well. The forum is really down to earth and a huge hat tip to the mods, it doesn't get overly political - which can rip other online text forums of this type apart as the trauma gets channeled into two sides baying for blood on what can be silly concepts.

Have a laugh and learning things - this forum is a great source for tech, manuals of "how to" and a real depth of knowledge. It's a gem. As for the humour, there's such a depth of idiocy going on (from all sides) presently that it's a bumper season for witty, slightly troll-y comments. If you give someone a chuckle, you've done well today. Eg: if you are locked down and can't leave your home, is it OK to do burnouts in your own driveway? that was an epic pic btw...

MMG, wish you all the best, our family has been hit by it all as well, but I'm pretty confident Aussies shine their best in hardest times, I have the stories of my Grandparents back in the '30's to fall back on there. When it's all passed, it will be great to drive and catch up with everyone.