View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 10:24 AM   #3958
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTMXR6 View Post
I’m from Darwin, currently spending 4 days in Alice Springs on a drive holiday because I can’t go interstate.

Never been here before and took a drive to the airport for a squizz.

Heaps of planes parked out in the paddock, but thought I’d wander in to the terminal to see what they had to offer as it was close enough to lunch time.

Walked in, no dramas. Presented through the security scanning machine and low and behold, they stopped me for my Leatherman Tread!

Never been pulled up anywhere else in the country but good old Alice decided it wasn’t suitable. Didn’t matter that it was airline approved, it was an Alice ‘thing’.
Said I wasn’t travelling anywhere just coming through to see what sort of feed I could get in the terminal.
Kind of them to offer to ‘look after it’ for me seeing as I wasn’t ‘flying’ anywhere today.
Anyway, not really worth hanging around for a feed, and the ‘safe’ side of the security screening was no different to the other side, so I turned around and walked back out. And retrieved my Tread from the friendly young bloke at the security screening point.

Not one of the screening people had masks on, yet there were cops on the ‘screened’ side of the terminal taking details of every inbound person who landed, fully masked.

Bit different?
These planes? taken 1st May on my way home from Darwin to Bundy. Quite a few Singapore Airlines plus a few others, I don't think Alice see's to many A380's, i think i counted six.....

Just arrived back in Darwin yesterday, hopefully for only my normal 5 week swing and not the 2 plus months i did last time....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
5 users like this post: