Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 11:24 AM   #3903
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Melbourne is the basket case. Not Victoria.
I think you are living in dreamland if you don't think it can harm Tassie it only takes one stupid person returning to the island to spread.
At the rate I've seen the exodus of Tassie caravannerrs coming out of Melbourne, we will see what happens when they need to return.

Qld would be better off not letting any southern states enter.

Victoria made the mistake of taking in ~50% of international arrivals. The hotel quarantine breach could have happened anywhere, you can't stop someone from breaching protocols. I don't buy the whole "training" bs, it doesn't take a trained staff to know you shouldn't be shagging people that are under quarantine, then going home and attending mass indoor gatherings. PPE is an issue but I doubt that it was the main contributor from what I am hearing, but we'll wait on the inquiry.

Touch wood, the current rise in cases are mostly just mild cases, a lot asymptomatic. Only one death. The gov is doing what is necessary to contain.

The fed is cunning. See what they did with NSW (coincidentally a Lib state). They put a cap on arrivals, 450 a day, 50 per flight. How many airlines can afford to only put 50 passengers on an overseas flight? It is a smart way of telling airlines to land elsewhere. QLD will cop the brunt of it I imagine. Come election time in a couple of years it will be "look what Labor did".

This is a national problem that needs to be tackled, rather than turning it into state bashing. Imagine if Hanson and Dutton got what they asked for, open borders.......
This user likes this post: