Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2020, 12:32 PM   #3601
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
I often see lots of references to USA as though they are the benchmark for how bad the virus can be, yet the UK is nearly 3 times worse. People just see the big numbers without realising the population in the US is similar to all of Europe.
You know I said that almost word for word some pages back.

Quote:
Not directed at anyone but it's easy to criticize any government from the outside and with hindsight. If you think you can govern a country and keep everyone happy, especially in this day and age with professional whingers, then you are very naive.
I wasn't deliberately criticizing the governments actions, in fact again some pages back I said basically the same thing. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I was trying to say that the main reason our numbers are lower is our lack of exposure. Low population density, watery boarders and less international movement than europe and the USA.

How has Canada gone compared to us ? Similar except for that land boarder.

Stopping international arrivals was the right thing to do, although as usual the bureaucracy managed to f that up. The lockdown was the right thing to do, although as usual the governments taxed first (fines) explained details second. This and the perception many now have that it's "over" or "not that big a deal" will continue to contribute to non compliance.

So I have no problem with the policies, I do have problems with the implementation. As I've said before leaders take the people with them. We don't have any of those...