View Single Post
Old 23-04-2020, 01:28 AM   #68
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: First experience .. Vic law regarding passing emergency vehicle

I doubt 200k's in the left lane is realistic for overtaking, given people in the right lane were there for a reason, but that's my opinion based on the two times my idiot mates have taken me for a ride I didn't really want to take. Maybe the Porsche is that much better handling wise, but any left/right movement is mental at that speed.

I've also been called to walk up 30m for a breath test (when parking at my work, when I went in for an late afternoon emergency I needed to fix) when the cops were near my building and saw me park without driving past where they were testing. The young cop called a busload (seriously, a bus load of them came by!) of his work mates to drive up to us - before he took the reading. 0. He kept saying "very suspicious" except, that's where I work you effwit.

My last speeding fine, 6 years ago, in a 100 zone. The cop standing a foot into the left lane and me thinking - do you want to talk to me from the passenger side maybe? Oh, do whatever you want, yes sir, no sir...

I have no doubt these guys felt no pain, sad to say I know, but they aren't thinking clearly from the endorphins they had running through the minds when they had just decided they now own a Porsche. It is really sad, they need to smarten up though.
3 users like this post: