Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2020, 09:23 AM   #1571
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
All countries have made really basic mistakes that the general public cant understand

You just expect these professionals to have it all under control....but theyre so disconnected with reality they forget about some basic fundamental

In NZ weve been in complete lock down for a couple of weeks ....its crippling businesses , i think its the right thing to do , i think our governments been really good doing most things right.....except for the most important part weve been letting kiwis come home and just saying to them you must self isolate at home .....WTF , itsonly in the last few days after intense criticism have they relented and quarantined everyone

unbeleivable in all this time weve been importing the virus and just relying on people to do the right thing ...all because it was too expensive to quarantine from the start ......now the cost will be sooooo much greater
With greatest respect ..None of us really know what the right thing is ..Nobody knows yet . The only thing we can know for sure is that .

A lot of experts are now questioning the overall best approach until a vaccine comes along . Most medical epidemic organisations seem to think that there is a big chance there could be a second wave or more of the virus and by locking down initially might make a potential future wave worse than the first . Not unless every single case is detected now . That's virtually impossible as I understand it.
Not one person on the planet really knows what is the best approach yet I think .

Last edited by roddy1960; 13-04-2020 at 09:28 AM.
This user likes this post: