View Single Post
Old 22-02-2020, 05:10 PM   #29
borough

Default Re: Subaru forester running costs

Back in early 2015 I traded my AU ute for a Mitsubishi Triton and I regretted doing it. I looked at FG X utes at the same time, however the dealer was adamant that a child seat could not be fitted to the Falcon. The Triton had issues from day one, a squeak in the back seat every time I went over a bump drove me nuts, rust on the head board and latter I found rust on the doors. I had to fight with the dealer to get the rust fixed, which was finally done. The service and running costs of a Triton are very high, the average service cost was about $800 and it used 10L/100k. Next it started to blow black smoke under acceleration, the dealer said that it did not, however when I had the reversing camera on I could see the smoke. Forget about comfort, after driving the Triton I had back pain. Then one day I drove my wife’s FG XR6 to work. It was like chalk and cheese, my back wasn’t sore and I didn’t feel worn out. The Triton has been traded for a 2014 FG X with 70,000km, now I enjoy driving again.
3 users like this post: