View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 12:31 AM   #36
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Default 2006 Eurofordclub Cruise to Daylesford, Victoria. Sunday April 23rd

2006 Eurofordclub Cruise to Daylesford and Mt Franklin, Victoria.

We are driving again, that's right!! A cruise!!!!! Thanks to Adam's incessant persistence with you lot and especially me, I'm finally firing up my computer and getting off my butt to help organise this cruise. That and I feel guilty for owing Resty lunch, but now that his Turbo is done, I'll pay up!!

We will be driving to Daylesford, about one hour or so North-West of Melbourne along the Calder Freeway to visit the township of Daylesford, the Sunday Market, Mt Franklin and the historic (read ancient) Volcanic cone and the surrounding views that come with it and finally the famous mineral springs that give the Mt Franklin bottles their name! We'll drive to Daylesford for an early lunch and market visit for shopping then a nice 5 minute drive to view Mt Franklin and it's panorama.

Background Information and Links

Daylesford
Population: 3,300

Daylesford, known as the 'Spa Centre of Australia', is a popular resort town. The spa centre is based on the tradition that the mineral springs are therapeutic and contain medicinal qualities. Visitors can enjoy the springs and relax and walk amongst the scenic environment. (taken from HERE )

Located eight kilometres north of Daylesford in the Mount Franklin Reserve, Mount Franklin is an extinct volcanic crater whose summit offers panoramic views of the surrounding district. The reserve is also an ideal picnic or short-term camping ground and has many walking trails – including one along the crater rim.

The mount is an excellent example of a breached scoria cone. It is thought that the breach, where the road now enters the crater, was caused by a flow of lava breaking through the crater rim. Lava from Mount Franklin and other volcanoes in the area filled the valleys and buried the gold-bearing streams that were to become the renowned ‘deep leads’ of the gold mining era. (taken from HERE)

Partners WARMLY welcomed not only for the company, but the variety of shopping, food, nice scenery and to man the radios on the road!

When: Sunday 23rd April, 2006

This is the Anzac day long-ish weekend even though Tuesday is ANZAC day, not everyone has Monday off. But this is Sunday, so no lame excuses like "Oh, I'll be interstate"!!! Especially if you're going somewhere like Adelaide... WTF?!?! :lookedat:

Where: Meeting at the once-already used carpark opposite the Moonee Ponds Police Station on Mt Alexander Rd in Moonee Ponds. See attached maps for close detail and situated location in Northern Melbourne Suburbs showing closest highways etc.

Can be reached from the Eastern suburbs by heading in through the Eastern Freeway and then through Parkville towards Citylink, then turning right at Flemington Rd. From the South, either take Citylink and exit at Princes Hwy/Racecourse Rd exit then head Northbound up Mt Alexander Rd.

Best directions can be found from your own address to Moonee Ponds Police Station by using the following link (http://www.whereis.com/whereis/directions.do)

Time: Meeting at 9:30am for a 10:00am departure.

Please do try and be there early/on-time, always great talking before hand!!! Perving on Resty's beast and Danny's immaculate Red Rocket, let alone anyone else who turns up like King_pin and his blue flame, ozmondeo's Green monster or even focusonthis' blinged out stereo on wheels. :nutsycuck

We plan to be back by mid-to-late Afternoon, before sunset most definitely (Sunset on April 23rd is due for 5:44pm EST).

Who:

fOCUS

Zetec
Focusonthis
Resty
King_pin

FIESTA

Danny

MONDEO (The Ford that Failed to Fire)

Ozmondeo

HONORARY EUROFORDS

xr6pwr
Dunt
Miyagi ??? (Please do come!!)

What Else:

Bring your UHF Radios, your cameras, camera batteries (Adam), a warm windproof/weatherproof jacket in case it gets cold, a Ford hat of some description to keep the sun off if it's hot and sunny and of course a clean car, preferably Euroford!!

Bring your friends, family, relatives, partners, neighbours, whoever would like to come along for a nice day out in the Victorian country side that might just involve some fun driving and good eating! Allow a full tank of fuel before leaving but we do not expect to use more than half a tank on the whole day for the official part of the cruise. Expecting around 250km total driving return.

Look forward to seeing you there at 9:30am in Moonee Ponds! :