Thread: 5000th RAM
View Single Post
Old 28-12-2019, 12:43 PM   #40
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 5000th RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
given the RAM will now be made by the Frogs, god knows what will happen.

The prices for Landcruisers etc are ridiculous now, so its hardly surprising that an overpriced penis replacement like the RAM is popular.

Lets be honest, if somebody thinks dropping $3~400k on a combo, and then spending 50c/km, is a cheap way to see Australia, then Sound Financial Judgement is clearly not their forte.
Totally, but if you plough your super into the rig, is it not true that you can 'double dip' and then claim the pension as you go? Ah, boomers. Back in early 2000s going around Oz on work contract with HJ60 annd 16ft van...

(HJ60: 10L/100km, 13L/100km towing, puts the new V8 diesels to shame. The maths of it was for every $ in fuel, put aside a $ for maintenance/insurance/depreciation. 14 yo car at the time meant not too much depreciation, happily. Work contract paid all this and more, so it was travel oz for a decent profit)

...we would meet them in caravan parks with huge rig of new 100 series and 28ft van dual axle etc, and they'd inform us over the campfire that we would be paying for their pension after the double dip. I truly hope the rules no longer permit this.

Lastly, French bits in 4wds... hmm the 4cyl French turbo diesel Patrol comes to mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
I think maybe instead of having a Commodore or Falcon ute and perhaps also a Cruiser or something else that is probably why these things are taking off, replacing two for one.

It's the only thing that really makes sense to me. Because if they can make it work now then why not before?
Good point, hadn't considered that. After the HJ60 and ED Falcon, we "combined" them and got a Territory, the driving panache of one, and a bit of the AWDness and kid-wagon of the other. It was a good compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo
When we had the Brazilian manufactured F250/F350 here it was before the whole Government subsidised FBT scams that incentivised all these Thailand specials.

People realised that you could claim on tax and have this do everything vehicle the kids fit into, tow things, put some crap in the back.

Time for this subsidy to end.