View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 01:55 PM   #4
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: The Overland - end of the line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Or charge users what it actually costs. Train travel interstate is very much one for the fans, no sensible reason for a hobby to be underwritten by the taxpayer.
maybe not the case of the Overland but.....
For me, at $105- $120 one way, full fare Wang to Sydney I think I'm paying enough thanks, given the train rarely runs on time.

Also I think you jokers forget that not everyone lives in a capital city and train travel is vital for country people who do not own cars.
Franco, try pricing a plane fare from Sydney to Albury then add the cost of trying to get to a place like say Wang from there. The train is the most direct route.
Public train travel was always meant as a service it was never meant to be a money making private venture.
My only beef with the way country trains (apart from the speed) are run are that most like Countrylink services (NSW train link now) are 3/4 booked up with 1/2 fare paying passengers or first class booked pensioner tickets leaving full fare paying passengers with little seating capacity left.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: