View Single Post
Old 30-11-2018, 10:00 AM   #26
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: NSW Police officer caught out trying to cross flooded causeway

Yeah- probably police just driving to a job, went through water and became deeper, panicked and went to fast driving into bow wave causing water to be sucked into intake.

Police just people who make mistakes like general people.

I often read about people driving through flood water and think how stupid- I would never do. But couple years ago was driving to go rock climbing at Arapiles (outside Horsham) in Victoria, massive floods and I was driving this way and that way trying to get around road closures. Anyway, came to this section- no road signs saying closed-and it did not look too deep.

Started driving through it and it was far more distance than I thought, then started getting deeper gradually and then quite alarmingly deep and by that time I thought of stopping and reversing but was worried about traction and water flow and loss of momentum so was committed and kept plowing on. Had drivers window down and was ready to bail and was looking for trees etc to aim for when swimming.

Absolutely crapped myself but got through- hire Kia did well....

Big 4wd was watching and when I got through he came across, and I got out on otherside to calm nerves and took shot.

People miscalculate-no one is immune from that....

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: