View Single Post
Old 28-05-2018, 03:33 PM   #31
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Today is five years since the announcement that shook Australia and destroyed an industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
Adding to this, over the weekend i saw 3 Falcons (BA-FG) with their roof lining at the rear falling apart. I have only ever seen this on Falcons and Commodores. Feature? Shading from that unique Australian sun

If they were built for Australian conditions I'd hate to see if they weren't.
I had a camry 3 litre manual- ceiling lining fell off, lining on rear doors wore and started peeling off, new camshaft belt every 100,000, rear suspension bushes needed total rebuild after about 115,000.

Got Honda Euro new, at about 75,000 km the computer LED on dash started playing up, then got a very loud dah dah dah knocking noise in hot weather that I suspect was something connected with steering and sounded expensive, I drove that thing hard- for sure- and the gearbox at about 90,000 synchromesh into 3rd was going.

Got 55,000 on my FGX and some very very hard kms- and aside from the boot spoiler led falling down- there have been no issues yet touch wood. Feels very strong in engine and gearbox.

Agree with cultural cringe- funny really-we think a lot of Asian stuff is crap and handmade Australia stuff is great- ie leather couches -or cutting edge Australian surgeons- but Australian cars made by Australians even with handbuilt engines- no good as it has no 3 pointed star or Olympic rings-despite the dubious morality of a certain german manufacturer

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: