View Single Post
Old 23-02-2017, 09:05 PM   #779
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Still lurking around here from time to time.

Been having a crap few weeks recently on top of a slowly declining few months.

Been out of the family home for 3 months and just found out my ex has moved on and found someone new. Real big kick to the nuts because silly me was still hoping she would come back to me. Finding out the news put me in a downward spiral and left me really messy in front of my kids. They were worried with how upset i was. There was no violence or yelling, just a broken crying mess of a father that they didn't need to see.

Quick trip to hospital to chat to someone wasn't much help, i think they deal more with people that are hurting themselves or making attempts on their own life.

I made a call Saturday to the local community mental health service and spoke to a nurse for an hour or so so she could assess my state of mind. Car keys removed and placed under closer watch by my parents. Follow up phone call Sunday and appointment was made to see someone face to face through the week. Spoke to a nurse on Tuesday and a psychiatrist today. All of the people have been very helpful and i came out of today's session with a slightly brighter look on things.

I have been off work for 1.5 weeks and had some calls from workmates that know my story to check on me. Will have another few weeks off to change meds and sort things out.

If you need to talk to someone please make a call to some form of mental health service, friend, colleague, family member, whatever.

My ex has the kids sorted for a few weeks to give me time to recover and sort myself out. She is happy for me to have them with someone else here just in case i need backup.