View Single Post
Old 31-10-2016, 02:56 AM   #1
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Red face Washer Jets - performance issues

I've been having performance issues (lol now now settle down, washer jets) lately till it's to the point that I need to look at it. Bloody missus never told me anything but I noticed the rear wiper had been operated (dry mind you) and smeared the dust/dirt a full sweep frakin A luv, well done.

I originally thought the worse case scenario - tube come off a connector in the cabin area and as this isn't my first time playing around with the jets (plenty of times I've adjusted them) I finally had a use for my Toledo Washer Nozzle Tool.

The fronts were a little under performing and now I know why crud build up the worst being the passenger side. Now I don't have to aim high and let the force of the wind push it down to the right spot, there's that much pressure I can hit it where I want. Low flow rate saw the wind passing over the bonnet and jets push the fluid far to low, so now with full flow it's not affected.

The rear was completely blocked and that's where I thought it were emptying the fluid into the cabin and sparked off this whole job. Well now I know why others were saying you can't adjust them ha ah ha you can't fixed nozzle. Out with the trusty ole tool and a few sprays later its clear and putting out more fluid than I've seen since buying it.

Frustratingly it's a feathered spray pattern which hits far to high up on the rear glass and looks like a dribble. Makes me wonder if it be partly because of air flow and at speed would hamper it. Just glad it's all sorted with minimal effort and better than before.

I hate looking for a safety pin these days as they're spot on for size and getting rare as hens teeth in my household so the the purchasing of the tool was vindicated. ~$8

Last edited by cobrin; 31-10-2016 at 03:02 AM.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: