View Single Post
Old 16-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #368
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicgoose View Post
I recently did similar, not checking myself in somewhere, but just took a swing off work and went to Broome by myself for 19 nights. Had my own villa with my own pool. Having my own space and doing my own thing for that time was just what I needed, really helped settle my head. I'd been in a troublesome long distance relationship that had started to push me into a bad headspace that I'd previously worked very hard to get out of so realised I needed to get out of the relationship and sort myself out again. So called things off, booked my trip and went and spent 3 weeks eating healthy, hitting the gym every day and getting my head right. Managed to do it without meds too, which I'm happy about. Even met a really cool chick up there, spent a couple of weekends together and had a lot of fun.

Back at work now, but in a much better headspace and feeling positive about life again. Sometimes it's important to do what YOU want and need, to break that cycle of feeling like you're just going through the motions.
I would kill to do that right now. Just pack up and leave for a few weeks. Problem is getting time off. Boss is the biggest ******. I took Monday off as my old man is in hospital for breathing difficulties and **** me what a inconsiderate bastard he was. Ill have to tough it out I think till October and get my 10 year service then **** off..