View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 08:29 PM   #160
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

My trigger for anxiety is crowds - like major shopping centres and especially trying out "new" experiences, I'm a complete bundle of mess when I go for job interviews - vomiting out of the ute door. I go to car shows or the drags and although there is a crowd there, I don't get anxious cos we're all there for the same thing - sounds crazy I know.

I manage the shopping centre anxiety by ordering home delivery where I can, if I have to "go out" I pick a quiet time usually on a Monday at opening time.

I'm on escalitopram to help manage my disorder, drug doesn't stop it but certainly takes the edge off things.

What has definitely helped me is surrounding myself with great and genuine people and getting rid of the ******* parasites. For those that are caring people make all the difference.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: