View Single Post
Old 16-01-2016, 01:39 AM   #94
Claytopia

Default Re: Claytopia's XB GT Coupe restoration

One of the things I am doing with my engine is going to be to keep it looking fairly stock, which is hard to do when you plan on running things like an ICE ignition system.

So I dug through my records and found the crew that re-graphed my Mallory dizzy back in the day and asked them if they could help,

They didn't seem too sure over the phone but told me to come in anyway. So in I went armed with a small cap ICE dizzy and the old factory Bosch unit after a bit of back and forth they said to leave it with them. I guess it helped that It was close to Christmas and I wasn't in a hurry,

So they cleaned everything up and gave it a lick of paint where it was needed and well they couldn't use any of the gear out of the ICE dizzy but with a shaft from this and a sensor from that a button from something else etc etc they managed to put something together for me.

I am pretty happy with it, I don't think the factory red cap is much chop (too much corrosion on the contacts) but it will do for looks once I clean it, I have a couple of spare black caps that are in good nick to use but if anyone has a good red cap or where to get them please let me know.

Claytopia is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: