Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 15-11-2015, 10:23 PM   #2112
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 
Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
I'm a bit confused why they would change the valves from a nice easy system to a fiddly pain in the rectum, but that's progress I suppose.

If the valve buggers up can you change it, or is it new tube time. ???
I think the presta valves hold pressure better and are probably lighter.

If you root the valve proper then it would be new tube time I guess. But I always have at least one tube spare on any ride, often two if I know I am going far afield.

Recent ride with eight of us (all experience riders with good tyres, tubes and pressures) saw 15 flats, we ran out of tubes and resorted to patching, was crazy day. I did a ride the other month where I had five flats on a rail trail, ridiculous. Then on another day you get none. Just luck of the draw.

Last edited by mcnews; 15-11-2015 at 10:45 PM.
mcnews is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: