View Single Post
Old 14-02-2006, 11:14 AM   #74
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&D PERFORMANCE
Not as yet but I'm sure that we'll see similar gains,maybe a bit more low end.I'm sure casper could shed some light on this,he's seen it first hand.
You'e right about the gains. Although I havent seen an actual edit tune done to a VCT the concept of fuel, spark and timing is all the same (its just that an edit appears to be able to do more with limiters etc as well and is easily avaliable) as most other ECU Tuning systems. Most VCT's will pick up around 8-10% peak power but thats not really the main story. The mid to top end rpm's (2500-4500) pick up the lions share of any improvements with the power coming on much earlier and reaching 90% of peak significantly earlier. Torque is greatly improved too.

So, to look at the dyno graph on an tuned VCT will show some improvements, driving it will blow your mind, it will feel like a different car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyB
Have you any experience in flash tuning the AU VCT engine, as I am getting one soon and would like to know what sort of performance increase i can expect along with a 2.5 exhaust and pacemaker comp headers.
Given that the AU edit is still very new and the VCT not a common engine there will be few that will know what they are doing with the edit tuning of it at this point. I'm pretty sure Glenn at G&D is one of the few with significant AU edit tuning experiance at this point and certianly one of the very few I would trust to do that sort of work on my car. Edit tuning, if done wrong, can do expensive damage. If you are going to get it then make sure its pro's like G&D.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote