View Single Post
Old 26-02-2015, 05:32 PM   #417
The_Interceptor
Starter Motor

Default Re: AU series 1, 2, or 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Ah the old "tricked up" line.

Not that I dont believe you but dealers can do just about what they want to their stock once its released from factory.

What mods were done? As I said it seems to have ESS unless its just the steering wheel. Do you have pictures of the auto selector and ESS button?

We are just hungry for info mate.

Well keep in mind that the car was ordered through a local dealer who had to look up the price book to give me a price. He wasn't aware of the model either, but then mine is an early one. The car was approximately $8500.00 more than a basic XR8 and also had red leather seats. Mine was ordered without the seats, and came up on a truck direct from Ford.
The module under the bonnet was supplied by Cosworth in England. I know that much because I have had to replace it since the car ran out of warranty. And it cost nearly $1000.00, which brought terror to my bank account.
I realise you think that I could be telling BS but what is the point. The car is not for sale, my original question on this forum was regarding the J3 chip that plugs into the computer, but it appears if I fit that, then the other module has to be removed. So I have lost my keen ness.
The_Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote