View Single Post
Old 29-01-2015, 10:32 AM   #68
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: $700-a-year increase running an airconditioner & snap price rises of as much as 15,000 %

*Sigh*...I remember back in the seventies we looked forward to a bright future of cheap limitless power, with electrical devices to do all sorts of things around the house.
Of course governments refuse to grow a pair and invest in nuclear, and coal...while being staggeringly cheap and stupidly plentiful for centuries to come...is artificially inflated in price. So yes...we have all the wonderous electrical goods that would have amazed us back then, but no one can afford to run them...

This is just a ploy to keep people snowed under with bills...a populace who can save money and get ahead isn't what the powers that be want. People who are scared to death of losing their jobs make compliant little drones.

Not to mention shift workers...what sort of concession up here in baking hot Queensland will shift workers who have to try and sleep during the "hottest part of the day" (when the parasites are going to try and boost the power price to ludicrous levels) going to afford to run their air conditioners, as suggested by the governments own information on how to get quality sleep when working shifts?

To be blunt...it's the 21st century. Things that were once seen as "expensive luxuries for the rich" are now normal household appliances and fitments. Why shouldn't people be able to live in modern times with all modern conveniences they can bloody well feel like having in their house without being made to feel guilty for doing it or punished into poverty by greedy governments and companies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
I seem to recall this rearing it's head a couple of years ago. Community outrage made it go quiet, looks like the powers that be have decided to have a go again...
Not the first time the government has done this, and won't be the last. It's usually done by a "leak" of a "discussion paper". Then they sit back and see what the public response is. If people don't speak up, they'll look at bringing it in...if people complain loud and clear, the government will scoff and say it was "just a discussion paper" and "never seriously considered for policy".
I remember vividly back in the Bob Hawke days there was a "leak" of a paper from a government think tank on how to reduce the numbers of homeless people. The brilliant idea was that pensioners usually have a few spare rooms in their houses, so a government stooge would come into the old peoples homes, assess how many extra people could live there, and move homeless families in, in return for some sort of concession to the homeowners.
This caused huge outrage...my retired parents as well...and it was quickly dropped and everyone was assured it was "never going to be seriously considered as policy" and was "only a discussion paper from a meeting".

...Sure it was...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: