View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #12
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Default Re: bumper lip for au s1 or au fairlanes / ltds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshpettitt View Post
Hey mate,

Who did your headlights? Looks fantastic

Also, do you live around the Cheltenham area? Saw a Fairlane with the same headlight color and body color the other week just near the airfield. Passed you in my Fairlane and was drooling at the look of it
Ta,
I painted them myself, also painted my dad's futura years ago, they have a similar construction, there is a thread somewhere here about painting au headlight bezels, the only hassle is the clear lenses over the indicators, the tabs break no matter how careful or or slowly you try to remove them, and the chrome coating on the bezel needs to be rubbed back with a scotch pad etc because if you breath on it, it will flake off.
Dont use Sika flex to seal it up as you wont be able to open it back up again, use a butyl mastic rubber type goo which does not harden instead (clean up with wax and grease remover).
You could buy a damaged headlight from a wrecker and practice your skill.

A limited edition fairlane called millenium was released in 2000 with the black lights, they are rare, also the the T series had body colour lights.

It most likely wasn't my car you saw as it is no where near drool worthy, it's more like something you see in your periphery and just ignore.

I will probably open mine up again this winter to fix up a few imperfections, possibly a colour change to body colour or dark grey, and fit day time running light leds inside somewhere.

If you want, you can watch me break mine so you can do yours??

cheers, Andrew.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote