View Single Post
Old 30-01-2014, 08:00 PM   #19
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Default Re: Welfare question

i'm all for weeding out the cheats but the system doesnt work now anyway.

I was on DSP for many years - i have chronic pain (20yrs +), managed only with Oxycodone, morphine patches and nerve blocks every 2-3 months. Occasionally i spasm so badly i am literally unable to walk as my back is completely rigid. I work full time these days as i got tired of proving i wasnt going to magically get better - its difficult and yes you could say i suffer from "absenteeism" a lot but i'm trying. I have a "friend" who has a comfy life on the DSP - he has a fused knee. Thats it. Spends his time playing golf & fishing but could easily work at least part time. He will never be subject to a review.
Now, my brother is suffering a severe anxiety issue, with agrophobia and other irrational fears (crowds, new places, unfamiliar people etc) - he wants to work but cant for now - he meets the DSP points but has been already rejected for spurious reasons and is expected to attend job training from March - a man who cant walk to his own letterbox!!??!

perhaps welfare to mining companies in the form of diesel rebates should be cut instead.

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: