View Single Post
Old 21-01-2014, 10:45 AM   #21
peteb57
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Howdy, I try to fix most cars, usually for m8s, I'm semi retired, was mechanic in the 70's. It's a past time now in my backyard, nothing special. Been around cars before I spat the dummy, remember my dads flat head ford prefect, and before that he had some old looking "al capone" era car, I remember he had to crank it using the crank tool to get it started, ,long long time ago, said he thinks it was a Ford.
Anyway, I'm here doing a m8s fuel pump on EF, wugger of a thing to get to that worm-drive over-grown hose clamp around the screw thing that uses a "special tool".
Car got towed to my place late at night, ( SA, suburbia ), back into a sloping downhill driveway.
It looks straight forward to remove and replace the pump, once I can unscrew a little bit that worm-drive clamp.
It's, ( worm-drive clamp) in a awkward position,not enough room to get a spanner, screwdriver or socket to loosen it just enough.
Signs show it's been replaced before, some of the plastic bits have been broken off, obviously they used a hammer n "chisel" to unscrew it all.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

So that's my intro and, gig for today.

Cheers and thanks for being here.
peteb57 is offline   Reply With Quote