View Single Post
Old 19-11-2013, 04:12 AM   #730
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 
Default Re: Any VF performance figures out there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Your point about reliability is noted....as your personal experience! There are stats and numbers from the masses that tell the truth.....whether it goes which way...you'd have to look it up yourself.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11224789

The truth is, FGs are not the pinnacle of reliability. 6000 odd replies in the FG issues thread, I've read every single one of them since the thread's beginning because I've been driving FGs since they came out. I urge you to have a browse of that thread, some of the issues people have had are ridiculous.

Whilst I've had 3 FGs, I've pulled apart countless more. I still get PMs every week from people with FG issues that they can't work out. FGs are still the victim of common problems that just shouldn't happen. Power steering pumps & hoses. ZF transmission cooler failures. The age old diff bush problems. Wiper motors are a common failure. Rattles and squeaks plague the cars. Front upper and lower control arm bushes. HVAC lever cam failures. Seat base failures. Pre-2012 diff cradles breaking. Turbo oil lines causing starvation and turbocharger failure. Premature brake rotor warping (someone tried to start a class action suit on this a few years back). External temp sensor failures. Mixer shaft failures. Condensation seals. Globebox warping. LCD screens fading in the heat. They are just some of the more common issues. Like I said, people come to me with their FG dramas all the time because I know these cars inside out. Whilst not an unreliable car, they are definitely not what you'd call reliable either. So the "Holdens are unreliable" jokes come across as ironic- modern Falcons are not lauded for their reliability at all.

Now back on topic..
3 users like this post: