View Single Post
Old 22-10-2013, 01:33 AM   #20
catafo
Starter Motor

Default Re: WZ Fiesta ST Mountune Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConST View Post
Got a response from Mountune today, as I've been trying to get them to sell me an MP215 kit. My dealer said he'd flash the remap on for me.

"Hi Con,

As we're (hopefully) nearing the end of our discussions with Ford to bring the new ST kits to market with their full support, we wouldn't want to rock the boat - especially being so close.

The best option would be to wait a few weeks for our new mTune handset and update to the MP kit using that.

When Ford come to the party we can send you an activation code and you can update the calibration at the dealers.

Best regards,

David Moore
Marketing Manager
mountune®"
ot a similar reply on the 10th of October*

Hi Ray,We are in talks with Ford of Australia to bring the new ST kits to market with full factory backing, but this can obviously take some time.If you wanted full warranty backing then you would obviously need to wait for that to come to fruition.The mTune we're in the final stages of sign-off and we're expecting the first order to land with us within the next month. This updates the calibration separately to the Ford system so you know you'll be getting the same great upgrade, it just won't be logged in the warranty system (an MR kit in effect).Regarding fuel economy, you'll notice little if any difference - only if you drive everywhere at WOT (which you might for the first week or two after upgrading).We don't have to homologate the fuel economy for an aftermarket kit - particularly as it's a 'performance' upgrade

Unfortunately the flashing system we're using in Europe has not been verified via the Ford dealers in Australia for the new ST kits so we wouldn't be able to support the calibration install.The quickest / easiest way to do this would be to wait for a few weeks for the launch of our mTune handset which we will be offering in MP215 kit form - you can then install the calibration yourself.

Best regards,mountune******

Last edited by catafo; 22-10-2013 at 01:36 AM. Reason: errors in text
catafo is offline   Reply With Quote