View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #26
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: A novel climate control display fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Bushy, all good I havent got the glue gun to it but naturally I didnt buy the tool to open those clips. Ill see if I can swing by tonight and grab it.

When you say make it connect..Im assuming you are talking about the vertical sections on the lip of the board? as there is slack in the top (horizontal) section??

Hope that makes sense.

What I'm talking about is the copper tabs circled below

your tape should still be stuck down to that. Plug it in to the car (without the casing) and press on there and you'll press the circuit tape back down onto those tabs and the LED elements should start coming back to life. What you are going to do is fold the loose tape over the edge of the board then put the clips over the edge of the board effectively pressing the tape to the tabs. Just make sure you put the clips hard up against each other so you don't miss any connections. Just find something to insulate the tape from the clips so you don't risk damaging it, I used a thin piece of chamois leather that you wipe the car down with. with all the clips in place you should have a solid connection across the full tape. Plug it back in and test it and if it's all good put it back together and reinstall it. Mine is still 100% after 3 weeks now with just the bulldog clips. If any of the elements don't come back you may have broken tape. If that's the case you'll have to heat the tape (with a not too hot iron) and release the tape then cut it back, peel back some of the clear coat and then clip it back down like I described before. If after all that you still can't get it going give me a couple of weeks and I should have a working one available to exchange.

Cheers
Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: