View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #92
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 
Default Re: Gen F HSV GTS Review, 0-100 in 4.4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
So I can't buy one.... Can only put down a deposit....
How many deposits did Holden take for that 7 litre monaro race car that never eventuated as a production car?

Fact is the same, the current king is the rspec, the gts can't claim that title until the bloody thing is actually here, and been tested by someone other than someone collecting a wage from hsv.
So the new GTS that HSV have spent years developing, that the press has already driven, that is the star of the VF ad campaign, that is already allocated to dealers, might never make it to production. That's your argument? I was going to make a sarcastic remark about the likelihood of an asteroid hitting Clayton but I really don't want to be held responsible for filling FPV fanboys with false hope. Let's just say that private deliveries of the new GTS are just around the corner, it's an odd thing to have to debate. As for the R Spec being the reigning "king" (does that mean the F6 is the queen?), I imagine even once the GTS is in private hands and (odds are) it slightly outpaces the GT in the holy grail of driving (a straight line), there will be those that will claim the reviewer was biased and/or on the HSV payroll, it's an argument that cannot easily be won. Are you willing to proclaim the GTS as the "king" if it does indeed accelerate over 400m faster than a GT? Not that I will hold you to it, I personally think proclaiming cars as "the king" based on one single performance measurement is more than a little bit silly.
7 users like this post: