View Single Post
Old 23-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #259
GT-spec15

Default Re: Major Ford announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by distortion View Post
I have no doubt this is Ford NA's fault - no advertising of Falcon, even with new engines etc. No one buys a product they don't know about.
Why would Ford have spent millions promoting the EcoBoost when this decision was already 90% made? It comes back to too little, too late.

The large Aussie sedan has been on the way out for years, Ford knows it, and as such, has seen little point in tipping millions into keeping it on life support.

When nobody wants the product on offer, no amount of advertising will turn the tide.

This decision will be fantastic for other products within Ford Australia's lineup, as marketing effort will be able to be directed towards product that actually sells. Even though there's no massive campaigns behind Falcon there are still many sales related expenses that will no longer be required.

Quote:
My best guess, is that most Ford dealerships will close as people will think the same as I.
Given Falcon represents such a small portion of Ford dealer sales, why will they suddenly fold when the car vanishes? Ford has fantastic product with Fiesta, Mondeo, Ranger etc...and the lineup is set to expand!