View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #127
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
I dont mind shared menus but dislike those who insist on equal share of the bill especially if you ordered far less than everyone else. Why the F should I pay more for a share I had nothing of?
Went to a dinner, mostly girls that would get blown away in the wind and a few guys. Wifey decided to start a diet that week, so we both got salads and no grog. 2 rakes down the end decide to share a $90 seafood platter between them. Ate a total of 5 king prawns, 7 calamari rings and an bit of the garnish.

Sent it back to be tossed, never offered it to anyone else openly, I think the people next to them scored some oysters and a bit of lemon.

You bet they split the bill.... was fricken boiling with anger.... But, I'm not one to cry and sook about such things in the hope of keeping the peace. I did learn a valuable lesson that when eating in a group, order what you want, drink what you want and if they split the bill we will be on top (I'm a big eater), and if they don't, we pay for what we ate anyway.

I just didn't like the bloody wasteful attitude the girls had.... If it was me I would have got up, openly put it in the middle for all to enjoy.

On the other hand, I have mates who are vego's, and don't drink either. So when we are out I'm the one that makes it clear that they are not paying full share of the split.. puts them at ease so they don't look like the winger and resent the night. Makes it sound better when it comes from someone else who is paying for what they consumed....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: