View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #43
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: What have you done to your Focus today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Just did the drivers side head light...

2nd time I changed it in 3 years... same with the other side. Seems a little excessive seeing as I think I only ever changed 1 headlight globe in the 10 years I had the Festiva...
We've got one of those WF Festiva's, those H4s in that thing put out as much light as wearing a miners hat with a tea candle inside it, might as well as not have any .

Haha before I converted to HIDs I blew around 4 or 5 pairs.

But I drive with my lights on all the time and had the +100s which have a shorter life for better light output.

If you want something long life, check out these:

http://www.powerbulbs.com/au/product...eadlight-bulbs

They have a slightly better light output over normal globes but not as good as the OSRAM Night breaker plus or Phillips Xtremevision +100s (All still 55W).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZFord View Post
Damo, you got the B8 shocks right? Well, they are a shortened shock, designed for lowered springs. So yes, your car may drop just a little more, once the new shocks have settled. Still, its the springs that do most of the lowering, so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Let us know how the car handles - with your Bilstein shocks + Eibach Springs + Whiteline Rear Swaybar, it should handle like a dream
Yeah I got the B8s, hopefully it doesn't drop too much or I might have to go the bigger wheels to lift it back up a bit, I can already bottom out the car on these **** roads if I'm not careful.

Hopefully, she's real nose heavy with the cast iron diesel engine up the front, and these crap Toyo TEO PLUS tyres, only good for high milage and low noise, once they go down past 60% tread you can spin em without even trying and get it to push wide easily.

This thing handles like a boat compared to my WS Fiesta, but the Fez is like 300kg lighter, and the Focus handles like a go-kart compared to my EL Fairmont Ghia, that thing is woeful, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZFord View Post
Koni Yellow or Bilstein B8 shocks would definitely improve your cars handling. They are both designed to work with lowered springs.

And I speak from experience...I went from Eibach Springs with OEM shocks (the latter eventually gave up), to Koni Springs with Koni Yellow shocks and there was a huge difference in handling performance. To the point where I'd never fit springs alone to a car again - I'd always be looking to go to a matched spring / shock combo.
Booyah! sounds promising.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote