View Single Post
Old 30-12-2012, 01:18 AM   #1252
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"
Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWTB View Post
Anyone familiar with the 1000 steps in Ferntree Gully? It's a series of 1000 steps up a massive hill designed to replicate the Kokoda trail. Attempted it tonight.
Yup, it's a great place and it's free and easy to get to from the city. You can go walking on the trails afterwards having D & M's with your mates. The air is pretty clean and we've seen wombats, lyrebirds, kangaroos (wallabies?), echidnas, etc.

The first time I went up there with some friends I thought that I was reasonably fit and still had to stop 2 times on the way up. The galling thing was that one of my friends was a few kilos heavier than me and a heavy smoker. She just steamed past me.

You see everyone up there using it; Army reservists in kit doing a few circuits, health freaks running up and down it, footy teams, normal people like us and if you're lucky a few hotties are in front of you.

Other Stuff 1 - I wouldn't get hung up on the weight numbers. I'm up and down by about 4 kilos during the week (comparing "wet" and "dry" weights?) and muscle puts on weight as well. See how a rugby player has an overweight BMI for example. You're getting healthier, you'll hopefully live a longer and healthier life and you can feel it.

Other Stuff 2 - When you hit your target weight you could give Bikram Yoga a go http://www.bikramyogagw.com.au/home.htm . It's the hardest stuff I do all week and it kicks the **** out of me. 90 minutes at 38 degrees wearing just shorts and doing hellishly contorted (to me) poses with sweat pouring off you. But I find that it's great for posture, sleeping, flexibility, stamina and mental focus. At first you feel like a dill, but the clients are good, no one cares about looks, it's friendlier than most gyms, the staff are great and a good session makes you grin for days afterwards. It took me about 5 goes to get in to it.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote