View Single Post
Old 24-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU3 into AU1? 'Ute'

Guys, New to the forum, not new to fords or falcons...

In the last month I have acquired 2 AU falcon utes, the first one 2002 AU3 Auto, was purchased as a repairable writeoff, the damage being A pillar, drivers door and guard, an easy fix, making a cheap ute for building duties, however the more I looked into it the more costly the excercise becomes and greater risk of cost blowout, may need body straightness report, restraint systems report etc. So I invested in a not well running 1999 AU1 manual ute, with registration and no need for RWC (Adelaide) with the intent of swapping all the good bits from the AU3 into the AU1 shell. I want the auto as its towing capacity is far greater and I tow a race car and building supplies...
the upshot of my first post is how much of the AU1 wiring will need to be swapped out to fit the AU3 ABS, Engine and Gearbox and I guess the smartlock body computer thingy!. Have already done front and rear suspension and brakes.
I am aware its probably a lot of work (I have the tools mechanical prowess and space) and be easier to buy right the first time but for 1000 dollars invertment plus timeI really cant go wrong.
Cheers

Justin

jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote